Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ireland, Part 4: Dublin


This is Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel in Killiney, County Dublin. It was very cool (very castle-like) and also just a short walk from the town of Dalkey (which was very convenient for going out to dinner and catching the train into the city).

Dalkey Castle- we didn't get to go in for the tour because it closed too early for us to be able to make it but it was a pretty sight to see!

We had one of the best meals of our entire trip here at The Queen's Bar (we also had a lot of wine here because they had an awesome special all night: half off bottles of wine)!

Me and Tara at Trinity College in Dublin waiting in line to see the Book of Kells. Amazing. The history contained in this building was astounding. As an English major, I always love going into museums and libraries, especially old libraries, but to see this centuries old book still preserved was absolutely incredible. 

I asked Joe to take this picture while we were on the double-decker tour bus because of the gorgeous stained glass!

This is Christ's Church... it's huge... and really old and also pretty amazing! This picture was also taken from the top level of the bus on our way to St. Patrick's Cathedral.

This is the front of St. Patrick's Cathedral, founded in 1191 and restored by Benjamin Guinness from 1860-1865.


It was hard to get over the enormity of this Church! 


I forgot that, although I'm sure I learned this when I read Gulliver's Travels in high school, Jonathan Swift was the Dean of St. Patrick's Cathedral for some time so his final resting place was really cool to see (if somewhat unexpected)!




At the Guinness Storehouse learning how to pour the perfect pint of Guinness! I think that this was one of Joe's favorite parts of the trip!




At the St. James's Gate outside the brewery.

This last batch was harder to edit because there were so many really cool pictures we took of St. Patrick's Cathedral... and it is so large that each picture was totally different and showed an entirely new aspect of the Church. However, as this is the last of my Ireland mini photo series (a bittersweet moment for me!), I hope you enjoyed the change of pace and scenery! I loved sharing it with you! Thanks for being patient with my posts and for following along!

❤Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment