Friday, June 14, 2013

Black, White, and Blue


I wore this dress on our first night in Donegal when we went to a really nice dinner at our hotel. The long sleeves and heavier material of this dress made it perfect for a June night in Ireland (I didn't even need tights!). I paired it with my gold glitter Sam Edelman flats (1. because I didn't bring heels and 2. because Sam Edelman makes unbelievably comfortable flats and we did a ton of walking while we were there) and a long necklace with pops of color to brighten up the dress... after all, it was June, even if the weather didn't feel like it for us.




These pictures are from our first night in Galway. It was a really nice day, but even so I still needed longer sleeves and my navy blazer (which, by the way, is the perfect travel companion). I love the combination of yellow and blue so this outfit felt very natural for me, though it was noticeably brighter than what everyone else was wearing walking around town... as usual :) Again, I added some Sam Edelman flats for comfort and a statement necklace and my yellow Kate Spade bag to liven up the look.



outfit 1: dress- Anthropologie (similar), flats- Sam Edelman, necklace- Express (old but I also love this), bracelet- J. Crew
outfit 2: pants- J. Crew (on sale!), top- J. Crew (similar), blazer- J. Crew, belt- J. Crew, flats- Sam Edelman, bag- Kate Spade, watch- Fossil (similar), sunglasses- Ray-Ban

I know Friday is normally reserved for recipe posts but I just haven't had any time to bake since we've been home... and I have so many pictures I want to share with you guys from our trip [that I'd like to have posted before July (said she in just a slightly sarcastic tone... in all seriousness though, I don't want to be talking your ear off about Ireland for too long lest you get really bored of me!)]!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Any exciting plans?

❤Britt  

1 comment: