Friday, February 1, 2013

Wickerleigh's Tea Bars


Today I made these really tasty and very simple tea bars (two things I love to hear in a recipe... yes, I know they're not technically ingredients but I'm usually short on time so simple is splendid and it absolutely has to taste good to be worth sharing...I also just so happen to love tea and everything that goes along with it)!
Anyway, these are from a cookbook that I bought a while ago (the illustrations are adorable), maybe even last year, and haven't made much from it yet. So this morning I thought I'd pull it out and give it a chance. I thought these tea bars sounded really good and I already had all the ingredients... another bonus... it's cold out today! No need to go outside unless there really is a need!

Wickerleigh's tea bars from Just a Matter of Thyme by Roxie Kelley and Friends, Illustrated by Shelly Reeves Smith

Ingredients:

1 prepared pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup coconut (optional- I didn't add coconut in mine)
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press unbaked pie crust into the bottom of an ungreased baking pan (the recipe said to use a 10'' x 7'', I used an 11'' x 7''). Mix the first four ingredients together (in a separate bowl), in that order. Then add the pecans and chocolate chips (and the coconut, should you choose to do so). Pour into the pie crust and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before slicing.

Just a Matter of Thyme recommends serving with ice cream (I was too impatient to wait to even pull the ice cream from my freezer before consuming my first two bars so I cannot attest to it being better with or without the ice cream yet).

This was absolutely amazing. My grandmom and great aunt stopped over for an impromptu tea this afternoon, which was was wonderful, and everyone loved it!

Enjoy! Happy Friday :)

❤Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment