Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sour Cream Coffee Cake


I made this sour cream coffee cake over the weekend and it was really good! It is the perfect cake to have for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee or tea... of course, I'm pretty sure we ate this at least twice a day until it was gone so it is also a good anytime cake! I'll admit, I was a little leery about adding the sour cream at first (I do love sour cream donuts though) but I decided to give it a try... it really does make a difference in both the texture and taste of the cake... so, so good! Let me know if you get a chance to make this :) I'd love to know what you think!





Sour cream coffee cake from Just a Matter of Thyme by Roxie Kelley and Friends, Illustrated by Shelly Reeves Smith, serves 10-12

Ingredients:
For cake:
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups cake flour
1 cup sour cream

For filling:
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar

Directions:

Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix, then fold in the dry ingredients. Spoon half the batter into a greased bundt or tube pan and cover with filling. Add the remaining batter to the pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before removing. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Enjoy!

❤Britt

P.S. Let me know if there is a particular recipe you'd like to see me post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment