Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Classic is: Tweed and Bows... and a Navy Blazer


First pictures with my new DSLR camera! And we had the perfect lighting for these shots! It was, however, a very humbling experience as I realized I have a whole lot of learning to do (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just requires a lot of time). So, I will be spending my weekend learning the ropes on this new camera and figuring out how to post better and clearer pictures (they seem to get a little warped when I alter the size and I don't know why).
On an actual outfit related note, I love the colors here! The navy, periwinkle, and green really complemented each other nicely (better than I thought they would)!


skirt- J. Crew, blazer- J. Crew, top- J. Crew, shoes- J. Crew, sunglasses- Ray-Ban, stockings- J. Crew, earrings- Tiffany & Co.

Ok, so while I know I already told you these pictures aren't perfect and that there is a lot to learn about using this camera (and code, and editing the size of a photo in html, and... you get the picture), it is still a little disheartening when I think about how much work I have ahead of me. But, if there is one thing I know it is that hard work does pay off in the end and this is only the beginning. Any advice or suggestions are always welcome :)
Also, I took my second dance class last night and I'm loving it!

I think today I'll leave you with a quote from Winston Churchill. In light of all the mistakes I've made... and will make (not only with this blog and my style journey that you are so kindly following), I feel like this is very appropriate for how I'm feeling right now about what lies ahead.

“Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”
-Winston Churchill

❤Britt 

No comments:

Post a Comment