Friday, May 31, 2013

Fried Mozzarella Bites


I decided to make these fried mozzarella bites last night with some leftover mozzarella I just so happened to have in my fridge :) They actually turned out to be really tasty. I'll definitely be making these again! What a perfect appetizer!





recipe inspired by Rachael Ray

Ingredients:

Olive oil, for frying
1 pound ball fresh mozzarella (Rachael Ray's recipe also calls for a pound of fresh smoked mozzarella but instead, I just used more regular mozzarella)
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (I didn't add this because I didn't have any at the time)
Fresh parsley, for garnish
Sauce for dipping*

*See the full recipe for Rachael Ray's dipping sauce (I just used a jar of vodka sauce that I already had in my cabinet)

Directions:

Heat about 2 inches of olive oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat. Cut mozzarella into desired bite sized pieces (I just cut mine into slices). Set up your breading station: flour, 2 eggs beaten with 1/3 cup milk, Italian bread crumbs mixed with a few handfuls of the grated cheese. Roll the fresh mozzarella in the flour, then dip in the egg mixture, then coat with the breadcrumbs. Fry the mozzarella in batches so that there is only a single layer. Cook until both sides are an even deep golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and cool mozzarella bites on a paper towel-lined plate. Let stand and cool for a few minutes before eating so that the cheese isn't too runny.

On another note, I wanted to let you all know that I decided not to post while I'm away in Ireland next week. I'm going to spend some quality time relaxing and sight seeing and taking amazing pictures to share with you all when I get back (I'll pick up as usual on Monday, 6/10)! I will, however, be keeping up with my Twitter (@brittanyamonroe) and Instagram (brittanyannemonroe) accounts... as long as there is WiFi available... so follow along for updates and photos (you can also click the links on the sidebar)! Also, check back next week because I'll be hosting a pretty awesome giveaway when I return! Thanks for reading!

Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend!

Enjoy!

❤Britt  

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy!

    http://mystylediaryblogspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were really yummy and simple to make!

      Delete