Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Everything is Better Monogrammed


I love the peplum detail and the pleated front on this top. Usually, it's the details that get me... I always get roped into making a purchase if something has a cute bow or pretty floral pattern or some other sweet little detail. I think it's the details that really make a piece special... like the monogramming on this clutch! I also love monogrammed items, in case I haven't mentioned that already :) This chunky beaded necklace is great, too, because it pulls together all the elements of this outfit: the green and black of the top and skirt, the lime color of the bag, and the metallic tones in the wedges. It's one of those pieces that can either stand on its own or tie everything together, a wardrobe workhorse!




skirt- Gap outlet (love this striped pencil skirt), top- Anthropologie, wedges (also love these wedges with the thin ankle strap and these with the thicker ankle strap)- Target, bag- GiGi New York, necklace- Lia Sophia, sunglasses- Ray-Ban

Today, I plan on taking some time to just be... to be grateful for what and who I have in my life, to really be aware of my surroundings and to notice the beauty in the little things, to enjoy the daily liberties and freedoms that I all too often take for granted. I feel like I have been running around so much lately that I've forgotten to just take some time to smell the roses... or the lavender outside in my garden. It's important not to lose sight of what really is significant in the grand scheme of things and, so frequently, I get caught up in my daily routine and whatever else comes along that I forget to remember that... so that's what I'll be thinking about today (though I'm sure in between these admirable thoughts I'll be worrying about my to do list, as usual!).

Have a wonderful day!

❤Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment